You are here
Beautiful Ghosts: A Novel (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #4) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the Inspector Shan Tao Yun series.
- #1: The Skull Mantra (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #1) (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: Water Touching Stone (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #2) (Paperback): $23.99
- #3: Bone Mountain: A Novel (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #3) (Paperback): $26.99
- #5: Prayer of the Dragon: An Inspector Shan Investigation set in Tibet (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: The Lord of Death: An Inspector Shan Investigation set in Tibet (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #6) (Paperback): $16.95
- #7: Mandarin Gate (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: Soul of the Fire: A Mystery (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: Skeleton God: An Inspector Shan Tao Yun Mystery (Hardcover): $25.99
- #10: Bones of the Earth: An Inspector Shan Tao Yun Mystery (Hardcover): $27.99
In an earlier time, Shan Tao Yun was an Inspector stationed in Beijing. But he lost his position, his family and his freedom when he ran afoul of a powerful figure high in the Chinese government. Released unofficially from the work camp to which he'd been sentenced, Shan has been living in remote mountains of Tibet with a group of outlawed Buddhist monks. Without status, official identity, or the freedom to return to his former home in Beijing, Shan finds himself in the midst of a baffling series of events. During a ceremony meant to rededicate an ancient and long destroyed monastery, Shan stumbles across evidence of a recent murder in the ruins. Now Shan is being torn between some officials who want his help to search the ruins while others want him to disappear back into the mountains - with one group holding out the tantalizing prospect of once again seeing the son from whom Shan has been separated for many years.
In a baffling situation where nothing is what it appears to be, where the FBI, high ranking Beijing officials, the long hidden monks, and the almost forgotten history of the region all pull him in different directions, Shan finds his devotion to the truth sorely tested. Traveling from Tibet to Beijing to the U.S., he must find the links between murder on two continents, a high profile art theft, and an enigmatic, long-missing figure from history ...in Eliot Pattison's Beautiful Ghosts.
About the Author
Eliot Pattison is the author of The Skull Mantra, which won the Edgar Award and was a finalist for the Gold Dagger, as well Water Touching Stone and Bone Mountain. Pattison is a world traveler and frequent visitor to China, and his numerous books and articles on international policy issues have been published around the world.
“Erudite, eloquent, and entertaining, Pattison thrills both mystery enthusiasts and readers fascinated by, and concerned about, Tibet.” —Booklist (Starred Review)
“Salted with wonderfully effective set pieces.” —Kirkus Reviews