You are here
Clinical Mental Health Counseling: Practicing in Integrated Systems of Care (Paperback)
This introductory textbook, written specifically for graduate students in clinical mental health counseling programs, is distinguished by a unique integrated system-of-care approach, reflecting current trends in mental health treatment. Designed to address the 2016 CACREP standards, the book delivers an in-depth examination of the professional knowledge, skills, and current issues in professional counseling that are essential to clinical practice. The textbook emphasizes the elements of practice, while providing students with ample case studies that enable them to integrate theoretical concepts with real-world examples.
By distilling a wealth of knowledge from experts in the field, the textbook looks at the history and contemporary issues of mental health counseling through the lens of a bioecological approach. Engaging chapters focus on issues critical to mental health counseling, including strength-based approaches, varied clinical practice settings, professional issues, self-care, and more. Additionally, the text presents dilemmas and pitfalls intrinsic to mental health practice. Learning objectives, case illustrations, and abundant resources in each chapter reinforce the practical, real-world information upon which students can build throughout their education. A robust Instructor's Manual and key PowerPoint slides also are provided. Purchase includes access to the e-book for use on most mobile devices or computers.
- Offers unique, integrated system-of-care and community-based approaches integral to current trends
- Provides emphases on strength-based and ecological perspectives of CMHC practice
- Includes real-life examples and insights that facilitate the integration of theory and practice
- Describes dilemmas and pitfalls intrinsic to a variety of mental health practice topics
- Includes tips from the field and real-world case illustrations to enhance clinical application
- Includes learning objectives in each chapter
- Reflects 2016 and 2009 CACREP standards that are highlighted in each chapter