You are here
Bones of the Earth: An Inspector Shan Tao Yun Mystery (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Inspector Shan Tao Yun series.
- #1: The Skull Mantra (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #1) (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: Water Touching Stone (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #2) (Paperback): $23.99
- #3: Bone Mountain: A Novel (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #3) (Paperback): $26.99
- #4: Beautiful Ghosts: A Novel (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #4) (Paperback): $22.99
- #5: Prayer of the Dragon: An Inspector Shan Investigation set in Tibet (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #5) (Paperback): $16.95
- #6: The Lord of Death: An Inspector Shan Investigation set in Tibet (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #6) (Paperback): $16.95
- #7: Mandarin Gate (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #7) (Paperback): Email or call for price
- #8: Soul of the Fire: A Mystery (Inspector Shan Tao Yun #8) (Paperback): $15.99
- #9: Skeleton God: An Inspector Shan Tao Yun Mystery (Hardcover): $25.99
Bones of the Earth is Edgar Award-winning author Eliot Pattison’s much anticipated tenth and final installment in the internationally acclaimed Inspector Shan series.
After Shan Tao Yun is forced to witness the execution of a Tibetan for corruption, he can’t shake the suspicion that he has instead witnessed a murder arranged by conspiring officials. When he learns that a Tibetan monk has been accused by the same officials of using Buddhist magic to murder soldiers then is abruptly given a badge as special deputy to the county governor, Inspector Shan realizes he is being thrust into a ruthless power struggle. Knowing he has made too many enemies in the government, Shan desperately wants to avoid such a battle, but then discovers that among its casualties are a murdered American archaeology student and devout Tibetans who were only trying to protect an ancient shrine.
Soon grasping that the underlying mysteries are rooted in both the Chinese and Tibetan worlds, Shan senses that he alone may be able to find the truth. The path he must take, with the enigmatic, vengeful father of the dead American at his side, is the most treacherous he has ever navigated. More will die before he is able to fully pierce the secrets of this clash between the angry gods of Tibet and Beijing. The costs to Shan and those close to him will be profoundly painful, and his world will be shaken to its core before he crafts his own uniquely Tibetan form of justice.
About the Author
Eliot Pattison is the author of The Skull Mantra, which won the Edgar Award and was a finalist for the Gold Dagger, as well Water Touching Stone and Bone Mountain. Pattison is a world traveler and frequent visitor to China, and his numerous books and articles on international policy issues have been published around the world.
"A page-turning whodunit... Pattison has never been better in depicting a brave man’s dangerous pursuit of justice in a “land of broken places and broken people."—Publishers Weekly (starred and boxed review)