You are here
The World Almanac and Book of Facts (Paperback)
Call store for availability status
Get thousands of facts at your fingertips with this essential resource. The World Almanac(R) and Book of Facts is America's top-selling reference book of all time, with more than 82 million copies sold. Since 1868, this compendium of information has been the authoritative source for all your entertainment, reference, and learning needs. The 2017 edition of The World Almanac(R) reviews the events of 2016 and will be your go-to source for questions on any topic in the upcoming year. Praised as a treasure trove of political, economic, scientific and educational statistics and information by The Wall Street Journal, The World Almanac(R) and Book of Facts will answer all of your trivia needs--from history and sports to geography, pop culture, and much more.
- 2016--Year in Sports: Hundreds of pages of trivia and statistics that are essential for any sports fan, featuring complete coverage of the 2016 Olympic Games in Rio, the 2016 World Series, and much more.
- 2016--Year in Pictures: Striking full-color images from around the world in 2016, covering news, entertainment, science, and sports.
- 2016--Offbeat News Stories: The World Almanac(R) editors found some of the strangest news stories of the year.
- World Almanac (R) Editors' Picks: Time Capsule: The World Almanac(R) lists the items that most came to symbolize the year 2016, from news and sports to pop culture.
- 2016 Election Results: The World Almanac(R) provides a comprehensive look at the entire 2016 election process, from the roller coaster of the early primaries to state and county presidential voting results and coverage of House, Senate, and gubernatorial races.
- The World at a Glance: This annual feature of The World Almanac(R) provides a quick look at the surprising stats and curious facts that define the changing world.
- World Almanac (R) Editors' Picks: The Best Teams That Never Won It All: In light of Golden State's unprecedented regular season success and eventual downfall in the NBA Finals, The World Almanac(R) takes a look back into sports history for the best teams that fell just short of championship glory.
- Statistical Spotlight: A brand-new feature highlights statistics relevant to the biggest stories of the year. These data provide context to give readers a fresh perspective on important issues.
- Other New Highlights: Newly available statistics on sexuality, student loans, overdose deaths, state minimum wages, and much more.
About the Author
Sarah Janssen is the senior editor of The World Almanac(R) and Book of Facts. She lives in Brooklyn, NY.