You are here
Moon South Florida & the Keys Road Trip: With Miami, Walt Disney World, Tampa & the Everglades (Travel Guide) (Paperback)
On Our Shelves Now
From sandy beaches and amusement parks to wild natural beauty, see what keeps visitors coming back to the Sunshine State with Moon South Florida & the Keys Road Trip. Inside you'll find:
- Maps and Driving Tools: More than 50 easy-to-use maps keep you oriented on and off the highway, along with site-to-site mileage, driving times, detailed directions for the entire route, and full-color photos throughout
- Eat, Sleep, Stop and Explore: With lists of the best beaches, views, and more, you can explore the lush wetlands of the Everglades, relax on the beautiful beaches of the Keys, let your imagination run wild at Disney World, or soak up the electric vibe of Miami
- Flexible Itineraries: Drive the entire two-week road trip or follow strategic routes designed for outdoor adventurers, history buffs, and more, as well as suggestions for spending time in Miami, the Everglades, the Keys, the Atlantic Coast, Orlando, Daytona, the Space Coast, Walt Disney World, Sarasota, and Naples
- Local Expertise: Florida native Jason Ferguson takes you on a tour of his beloved home state
- Planning Your Trip: Know when and where to get gas and how to avoid traffic, plus tips for driving in different road and weather conditions and suggestions for LGBTQ travelers, seniors, and road-trippers with kids
Looking to explore more of America on wheels? Try Moon Nashville to New Orleans Road Trip! Doing more than driving through? Check out Moon Sarasota & Naples or Moon Florida.
About the Author
Florida native Jason Ferguson has yet to find a corner of his home state that doesn't hold some sort of surprise. With a background in alternative journalism and arts and culture reporting, Jason enjoys finding surprises and unusual sights in some of Florida's most well-traveled destinations. As a father, he certainly enjoys the pleasures of the beaches and outdoor opportunities, but also likes to dig deep into the nightlife, arts, and cultural scenes.
Jason has written for publications ranging from Time Out, Travel + Leisure, and Caribbean Travel & Life to Florida newspapers such as the Orlando Weekly and Miami New Times. He enjoys sniffing out the beauty of Florida's natural history as well as the oddness of its quirky present. He, his wife, and their kids utilize their home in Central Florida as a launching pad for weekend adventures that take them to points of interest throughout the state. Although their favorite spots change from week to week, there's a general consensus that the white-sand beaches of southwest Florida aren't just the best in the state, but are possibly some of the best in the world.