You are here
Genealogy for Beginners (Kobo eBook)
A step-by-step guide to researching your family tree.
Interested in doing your family tree but don’t know how?
Genealogy for Beginners covers everything you need to get started researching your family history or continue a project you’ve already started. You’ll get practical suggestions from an experienced genealogist, and detailed, step-by-step instructions for carrying out a quality family history research.
Topics covered include:
- Getting started with a family history research project
- Discovering which subscription services are worth the price
- Using Ancestry.com effectively
- Finding obituaries
- Interviewing family members
- Preserving and organizing paper and digital files, plus photographs
- Getting the most out of DNA testing for genealogy
- Conducting cemetery research
- Finding and interpreting non-US records
- Doing cultural and ethnic heritage research
- Finding professional researchers and translators
- Keeping up with the genealogy news
With this book in hand, you’re sure to succeed.